We’re always looking for straightforward ways to help you run your business more easily – that’s a big part of what we do here at Day Accountants. That desire to make you more efficient is in our DNA, and it’s precisely what drove us to choose Xero online accounting as the software platform for running your bookkeeping, accounts and reporting.
So, let’s look at how Xero helps your business, and why we’re heading to London in October for their annual Xerocon tech conference.
Why we use Xero online accounting
Let’s start by talking about what online (or cloud) accounting is. Older desktop accounting systems, like Sage 50, relied on you having a software application on your office computer to do your accounts. With cloud accounting, you log in to your accounts through your web browser or mobile device, just like you log into Facebook or your Gmail account.
It’s easy, it’s fast and it gives you access to your accounts wherever you are – bonus!
For our money, Xero is the best cloud accounting platform out there. We’ve been using Xero since 2013, and it’s our accounting software of choice for a number of reasons.
We use Xero because it gives:
- A simple, yet powerful, way to run accounts – wherever you happen to be
- 24/7 access to your numbers – meaning we can see your accounts at any time
- Access to over 500+ Xero apps – so we can customise Xero to your needs.
How Xero helps your business
As you can tell, as a busy cloud accountancy practice, we love Xero. But how does using Xero actually help you and your business?
Xero was designed from the ground up to be used by business owners. There’s no technical stuff, no accountant-speak and everything is explained in clear, plain English, with an interface and Xero Dashboard that’s absolute simplicity to use.
Having an easy-to-use accounts dashboard, combined with the power of real-time data processing, means Xero delivers some key benefits for your business:
- A real-time view of your numbers – so you can see your cash-flow situation, what bills need paying and what invoices are outstanding.
- Live bank feeds – to quickly see your statements and reconcile bank transactions with your Xero bills and invoices.
- Online invoicing – to email electronic versions of your invoices straight to customers, getting you paid faster.
- Clear, helpful reports – so you’re always on top of your Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet and can track performance.
- A customised Xero system – using a combination of Xero apps , such as Receipt Bank or GoCardless , to create a bespoke online business system.
Why we’re excited about Xerocon 2017
There are an impressive number of ways in which Xero makes running your business easier. And, of course, we’re always looking for new ways that Xero and the Xero app ecosystem can help us deliver better control over your finances.
The continual development of Xero is one reason we’re so excited to be headed to their annual Xerocon London 2017 tech conference on 4-5 October at the ExCel centre. This is the place to find out about new updates to Xero, new apps/solutions and hear about the future of online accounting… oh, and the free barista coffee and cakes help too!
So, we’ll be reporting back next month to tell you all the exciting news about how Xero will be adding even more benefits for your business in the future.
See how Day Accountants and Xero help your business
If you’d like to find out how Xero and our own accounting expertise would help you move your business forward, why not sign up for a FREE consultation.
Get your FREE consultation